Classification: Non-Exempt, Part-Time, Year-Round, Eligible to earn PTO
Pay Range: $19-21/hour
Position Description: Under general supervision of the Patron Services Manager, Patron Services Specialists are responsible for phone and in-person ticket sales. In addition, Patron Services Specialists are scheduled across Breck Create venues including the Riverwalk Center, Breckenridge Theater, and Old Masonic Hall.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide information and customer service to patrons, visiting artists, and instructors across BCA facilities
• Communicate material and maintenance needs of Arts District studios to the Programs Coordinator or Facilities Manager + Lead Preparator, as appropriate.
• Sell tickets and class registrations over the phone and in person at the Old Masonic Hall Ticket Office, Riverwalk Center, and Breckenridge Theater. Manage holds and comp ticket requests.
• Check in Arts District participants using BCA waivers and direct them to the appropriate studio.
• Process payments, refunds, and exchanges in the form of cash/check/credit card using Audience View.
• Participate in all training and development of Patron Services staff
• Commit to a regular schedule during the peak operations of June-September
• Develop and maintain cordial relationships with Breck Create partners and potential partners including but not limited to the National Repertory Orchestra, Domus Pacis and others. • Provide input and feedback for improving efficiency of Patron Services operations
• Keep informed of changes or developments of Breck Create sponsored and/or rental events and Arts District programs
• Participate as assigned: ticket subscription management and fulfillment, database maintenance, trainings and development of Patron Services staff, special event operations, special projects
• Use cash management principles and/or procedures including ability to sort, check, count, and verify numbers, understand credit card operations and procedures
• Act as a gallery attendant for rotating exhibitions in Old Masonic Hall. Provide information about the exhibition and artist to visitors.
• One (1) year of experience in a customer service position; or the equivalent in education, training, and experience, which would provide the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities
• Productive and flexible under pressure
• Commitment to and experience delivering excellent customer services
• Ability to deal with a variety of personalities with tact and diplomacy
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent computer skills: working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, able to learn new software quickly and troubleshoot basic software and hardware issues
• Demonstrated attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative and prioritize multiple competing tasks
• Excellent time-management, problem-solving and organizational skills
• Knowledge of and interest in artists/events presented
• Evening, weekend and holiday work required
• Proficiency in Spanish strongly preferred
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Opportunities@BreckCreate.org