Breck Create accepts project and exhibition proposals from artists, art organizations and curators. All proposals are reviewed by the organization’s Director of Programs + Special Projects on a rolling basis throughout the year, and are considered for all available opportunities.
BCA will not accept physical proposal packets (this includes mailed CDs).
Exhibitions are planned a year or more in advance. We are not able to respond to individual inquiries. If accepted, you will be notified via e-mail or phone. Please do not call or e-mail to check the status of your submission.
Proposals should include:
1. 20 images (.jpg format) Vimeo links are also acceptable.
2. Image list (.pdf format) Please include title, year, media and scale for each image. Also, please include a thumbnail and/or file number so we know which image the information refers to.
3. Artist and/or curatorial statement (.pdf format) No more than one page, please. Community art organizations should include a mission statement and history of the organization.
4. Curriculum vitae/resume (.pdf format) Please be sure to include contact information. Community art organizations should include an exhibition history of the group including upcoming shows and a list of current members.
5. Related support material (.pdf format) Reviews, catalogs, articles, etc. Anything that might help contextualize your work and/or proposal.
Entry Criteria and Prospectus
• Work previously shown at BCA is not eligible for exhibition.
• Work must have been completed within three (3) years prior to the date of the exhibition.
• All work must be framed, wired and ready for display. Works on paper must be covered by glass or plexiglass. All hanging hardware must be appropriate to the size and weight of the work.
• Breck Create reserves the right to refuse any work that does not meet the criteria.
Please note: One of Breck Create’s objectives is to support work that is created for or exclusive to Breckenridge, including permanent and temporary commissions and related curatorial projects. Selected artists will receive a fee for their work and housing will be provided during site visits and/or installation dates.